shopAGO Submission Guidelines
for Artisan Products
Designed by world-renowned architect Frank Gehry, shopAGO features one-of-a-kind products handmade by Canadian and International artisans who design and create works in clay, fibre, wood, metal, glass, jewellery and mixed media. shopAGO does not accept two dimensional artwork including paintings, photographs, prints, and drawings because we have a separate Art Rental and Sales Gallery for this type of work.
shopAGO accepts proposals all year round. Please use the following guidelines:
• Up to 10 digital images of the work (72 dpi, jpg format,RBG colour). Please send your images on CD or DVD via regular mail or email them as an attachment.
• Include an image list with corresponding numbers of each work or with your images numbered consecutively.
Each item on the list should indicate:
•type of product
•date of work
• Submit a 90 word artist’s statement or a description of your work, including concepts and/or techniques used in production
• Send us your current CV. Include a list of shops, shows and galleries where you have sold your work in the last two years.
• Please include in the package a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) with sufficient return postage. Without a SASE we do not return submission packages and will dispose of submission materials appropriately.
• Please do not submit samples of your work. Note: seventy-five percent of the components of the work must be made by the artisan from concept to finish.
Review Process and Notification: After a submission has been reviewed the buyer will contact the artisan.
Mailing address: Art Gallery of Ontario317 Dundas Street WestToronto, Ontario M5T 1G4Attention: Diane Smeding, Retail Buyer email: Diane_Smeding@ago.net
We thank you for considering the Art Gallery of Ontario